Query about remote study in the 2021-2022 academic year

Antworten
ltd

Bearbeitet Query about remote study in the 2021-2022 academic year

Beitrag von ltd »

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this email to ask for information about the university's current policy on online remote study. I will be appreciated if you could let me know whether courses and exams could be taken off campus in the coming 2021-2022 academic year.

Best wishes,
Tangdi Luan
Campus-Center - Birte Schelling

Re: Query about remote study in the 2021-2022 academic year

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Birte Schelling »

Dear Tangdi Luan,

Due to the rather unpredictable pandemic situation, we cannot answer your question definitely at this time.

In the past few weeks, the pandemic has eased significantly. Given this development, the university expects that it will be possible for the winter semester to offer face-to-face teaching again. With all the confidence in the further development of the pandemic, the coming semester does not yet bring a full return to normal. It therefore is looked at as a “transitional semester”, as there is no reliable prediction at this point in time regarding the conditions under which autumn and winter lectures will be held. Should restrictions remain in place in the fall (e.g. a maximum number of participants in events, distance rules) or sould there be requirements to control the protection status (vaccinated, recovered, tested) of the students, it will be necessary offer large courses in digital form only. The university therefore aims at preparing a balanced mix of digital and face-to-face course offerings as well as hybrid or blended learning formats to create flexibility and, in particular, to facillitate the situation for those students who are not able to participate in face-to-face courses yet.

Even though at this point in time we cannot say with certainty how many courses in the winter semester will actually take place in attendance,the university strongly encourages you to come to Hamburg if you are not already here.

Best regards,
Birte Schelling
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
Antworten