Change of city, late fee

Antworten
mariam shafqat

Bearbeitet Change of city, late fee

Beitrag von mariam shafqat »

Hello, i am a doctorate student in Geomatikum, i had recently moved to another city, i submitted an application for reduced fees since i do not need the train pass in Hamburg. But i got the letter of exmatrikulation instead. Now i have submitted the complete fee some weeks back but i have not heard anything from the university and i dont know if i am still exmatrikulated.

Please help me resolving this, who should i contact on email or phone to follow up on this?

Regards,
Mariam
Campus-Center - Thomas Walter

Re: Change of city, late fee

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Thomas Walter »

Dear Mariam,

1) Since personal data is required to process your request, I would ask you to contact us via the Campus Center contact form. Please don't worry; my colleagues will check your account and let you know what further steps are required so that you get re-enrolled.

2) I assume you misunderstood how the refund process at the Studierendenwerk Hamburg works. Hence, some brief additional remarks on these processes:

The semester ticket is in principle a solidarity ticket and must be paid by all enrolled students of Universität Hamburg via the corresponding share of the semester contribution.

Students must always transfer the full semester contribution, which is indicated in the contribution notice ("Betragsbescheid") in your STiNE account (Studying -> Documents). In general, there is no exemption from or waiver of the semester ticket in the sense of a reduced semester contribution.

However, there is, as you know, a process for subsequent reimbursement of the cost of the semester ticket under certain conditions, which is organized and the responsibility of the Studierendenwerk Hamburg.
It is important to understand that this is a refund process and requires that you paid the full semester contribution (including the amount for the semester ticket) before.

Best wishes
Thomas Walter
Antworten