Vaccination

Antworten
FelipeMolina

Bearbeitet Vaccination

Beitrag von FelipeMolina »

Good afternoon,

I am an international student and I received my visa a few days ago. I am arriving in Hamburg on December 5. I received the two covid 19 vaccinations in my country. However, they were both sinovac. As I understand, this vaccine is not recognized in Germany, so I would like to know what I could do in this case once I arrive in Hamburg.

I know there is no problem entering the country with a negative test, but I assume that for certain events I will need a valid vaccination card. In that case, will it be possible to get vaccinated with a valid vaccination through the university once I arrive in Hamburg?

Thank you for your help,

Felipe Molina
Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann

Re: Vaccination

Beitrag von Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann »

Dear Felipe Molina,

to enable students to attend courses on our campus, we introduced the Campus Pass at the beginning of the semester: https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/newsroom/ ... -pass.html

Vaccinated persons can have this issued once and then have the opportunity to participate in university events for the entire semester. Unvaccinated persons (which includes you because you have been vaccinated with a vaccine that is not approved in Germany) must be tested before the first course in order to receive a Campus Pass for the day. Testing stations are located at specific locations on our campus. To find out exactly where, please see the information page I linked to above.

International students studying in Germany have the option of being vaccinated, provided they have German health insurance here. I have seen that you are not obliged to be insured in the KvdS because of your age.

Please evaluate whether German health insurance is an option for you or whether you should use the Campus Pass - and thus accept regular testing. Find out about vaccination options from a doctor in the vicinity of your future place of residence, thank you.

Kind regards
Sandra Hoffmann
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
Antworten