Sick Note

Natalia K
Beiträge: 4
Registriert: Mi 30. Sep 2020, 15:04

Bearbeitet Sick Note

Beitrag von Natalia K »

following an accident I was given a sick note from the doctor. Where should I send it, so it is recorded and my absences are motivated as sick. I am a Japanologie/Slavistik student.
Thank you in advance.

Campus-Center - Thomas Walter
Beiträge: 2190
Registriert: Mo 2. Sep 2019, 14:19

Re: Sick Note

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Thomas Walter »

Dear Natalia,

1) As a rule, Universität Hamburg does not records the health status of its students and we do not require such a note.

The only reason you may need to submit such a document is if it affects exams (e.g. if you have to postpone an exam, change a deadline etc.) or if you cannot fulfill other obligations of your degree program (e.g. some courses require a certain attendance rate).

Please contact the academic office of your degree program or the lecturer concerned directly if this is necessary in your case.

2) If your sickness is expected to last longer (i.e. you will not be able to study in the winter semester 2021/22 and only continue your studies in the next semester) you should take a look at our regulations for academic leave due to health reasons on our website.

Please note that academic leave would mean to change your status from "regularly enrolled" to "academic leave" for the entire winter semester 2021/22 (October 1, 2021 - March 31, 2022). This is therefore generally only necessary if a student is unable to study for an entire semester or a large part of the semester.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best wishes
Thomas Walter