German Language Proficiency

Antworten
naliniramanand

Bearbeitet German Language Proficiency

Beitrag von naliniramanand »

Hi,

I plan on applying directly to the university for the psychology course. The website states I must prove my proficiency in German by November 1 latest. However, there is a chance that I'll be admitted indirectly and have to attend a studienkolleg first, and the requirements to attend one include a certificate for proficiency up to the B2 level by March 1. How do I navigate this?

Thanks ! Have a nice day !!
Campus-Center - Thomas Walter

Re: German Language Proficiency

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Thomas Walter »

Dear naliniramanand,

1) "The website states I must prove my proficiency in German by November 1 latest."

The late submission deadline for the proof of German language proficiency you are referring to will most likely no longer exist as of the winter semester 2022/23. As soon as this planed change in regulation has been finalized, this information will be updated on our website.

Therefore, please plan in such a way that you can submit the proof of German language proficiency at the time of enrollment, within the 7-day enrollment period after admission. It will not be possible to submit the proof of German language proficiency after the end of the enrollment period.

The specific dates for your enrollment in case of an admission for the winter semester 2022/23 depend on various factors and can be as early as the end of July or beginning of August, since applications for the B.Sc. Psychologie are coordinated within the framework of the Dialogue-oriented service procedure (DoSV).

2)" However, there is a chance that I'll be admitted indirectly and have to attend a studienkolleg first, and the requirements to attend one include a certificate for proficiency up to the B2 level by March 1. How do I navigate this?"

This is a misunderstanding.

An application for a degree program of Universität Hamburg can not lead to an "indirect admission" for a degree program, because this type of admission for degree program doesn't exist at Universität Hamburg.

I assume, you refer to the process for the recognition of foreign educational qualifications.

This recognition process is a separate procedure and should not be mistaken for the application for a degree program at Universität Hamburg. You have to apply for recognition, before you can apply for a degree program at Universität Hamburg, if you do not fall under one of the exemptions mention on the website above.

If the result of the recognition procedure is that an educational qualification is not sufficient for direct access to a degree program at Universität Hamburg, an additional assessment test ("Feststellungsprüfung") at a Studienkolleg in Germany will be required.

If this is the result of the recognition procedure regarding your educational qualifications, you must apply to a Studienkolleg in Germany (e.g. Studienkolleg Hamburg) and cannot apply for a degree program at Universität Hamburg.

After you have completed the Studienkolleg with an assessment test ("Feststellungsprüfung"), you can apply for certain degree programs at Universität Hamburg, depending on which courses you have chosen at the Studienkolleg (see https://www.uni-hamburg.de/campuscenter ... rdnung.pdf), since your foreign educational qualification in combination with the assessment test ("Feststellungsprüfung") constitutes a subject-specific higher education entrance eligibility.

Best wishes
Thomas Walter
Antworten