VISA PROCESSES FOR NEWELY ADMITTED INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS FROM OUTSIDE EUROPE.

Antworten
jesseigho

Bearbeitet VISA PROCESSES FOR NEWELY ADMITTED INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS FROM OUTSIDE EUROPE.

Beitrag von jesseigho »

I have just been offered admission into the International masters in Politics, Economics and Philosophy. I want to find out how to go about my Visa process, and if University Of Hamburg is to apply for me.
hecsar20

Re: VISA PROCESSES FOR NEWELY ADMITTED INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS FROM OUTSIDE EUROPE.

Beitrag von hecsar20 »

Hi, I was admitted to the same program.

I'm in a similar situation as you: outside Europe, and also with all migration services halted. So at least for me, there is no way to apply for a student visa in the meantime. It's kinda an uncertain scenario.

Which country are you located in?

Best,

Hector
Zentrale Studienberatung - Immanuel Petermeier

Bearbeitet Re: VISA PROCESSES FOR NEWELY ADMITTED INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS FROM OUTSIDE EUROPE.

Beitrag von Zentrale Studienberatung - Immanuel Petermeier »

@jesseigho: You will need to apply for a student visa. This may take four weeks to several months, depending on your place of residence. For more information please refer to the German Mission’s website in your country.

@Hector: Please pm me and we will discuss your options, i.e. taking up your studies late once Consular services resume or participating in online studies: immanuel.petermeier@uni-hamburg.de

@all: Covid-19 travel restrictions remain in place towards most non-EU countries. All international first semester students will find a supporting document “Bescheinigung zur Einreise” on STINE, stating that there is an imperative need for travel, i.e. classes are not online-only during the winter semester.

A couple of things to keep in mind: The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted many students’ employment situations. Unfortunately, student jobs in the Greater Hamburg area are not as readily available as in pre-COVID-19 times. Make sure you can finance your stay without additional employment.

You will be confined to your apartment for 14 days upon arrival (quarantine) unless you can provide a medical certificate stating that you tested negative for an infection with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 within 48 hours before arrival. Federal Police will turn you back at the airport if you cannot show a medical certificate or proof of housing. Make sure you have arranged for food and medicine deliveries for the first 14 days before your arrival if you cannot provide a medical certificate.
Zentrale Studienberatung und Psychologische Beratung
Campus Center
Universität Hamburg
Antworten