Recognition of foreign educational certificates

Antworten
mao296123

Bearbeitet Recognition of foreign educational certificates

Beitrag von mao296123 »

Dear Sir/Madam,

I just obtained my bachelor degree and I am currently interested in the MIBAs master progra for the international students.

As i do research through the homepage, it is stated that i need to have my bachelor degree (outside Germany) recognized before getting into the application round. However, it is also stated on the website that "The following groups of people may apply directly to Universität Hamburg without applying for recognition of their foreign education certificates: APS certificates* from the academic review offices in China and Vietnam", and fortunately i just received my APS certificate for my bachelor degree.

So my question is that do i need to have my degree from outside Germany recognized, and if not, then what should i do next with my APS, and is there place to submit my APS certificate during the application process. Thank you so much & hope to hear from you soon.
Dateianhänge
UHH.png
UHH.png (65.67 KiB) 479 mal betrachtet
Campus-Center - Thomas Walter

Re: Recognition of foreign educational certificates

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Thomas Walter »

Dear mao296123,

"So my question is that do i need to have my degree from outside Germany recognized, and if not, then what should i do next with my APS, and is there place to submit my APS certificate during the application process."

1) You have to distinguish between two different purposes for which recognition of foreign educational qualifications may be relevant.

a) Recognition of a first university degree (usually a bachelor's program) which qualifies for a master's program.
This is currently only done for two specific master's program at Universität Hamburg, including "M.A. International Business and Sustainability".

Please read this document containing country-specific information, our FAQs and a step-by-step guide for using the Universität Hamburg recognition portal.

b) Recognition of school and/or university degrees to apply for an undergraduate degree program. This admission requirement (a so-called "higher education entrance eligibility") applies to all bachelor's and state examination programs.

Most information on the website Recognition of foreign educational qualifications relate to the recognition in regard to this general access to a German university, not tho the recognition of a bachelor's degree which qualifies for a specific masters program.

Therefore, the information in your screenshot is not relevant for an application for "M.A. International Business and Sustainability".

2) In conclusion, for applicants with a university degree from China (or Vietnam) who want to apply for a master's program which requires a formal recognition of this degree (like the "M.A. International Business and Sustainability") the following regulation applies:

"To evaluate your bachelor’s degree, we also need your APS certificate, your bachelor’s degree diploma, the list of subjects and grades for all semesters of study, and your upper middle school degree certificate. (see country-specific information "China", page 4 - https://www.uni-hamburg.de/campuscenter ... ng-uhh.pdf).

Best wishes,
Thomas Walter
mao296123

Beitrag von mao296123 »

Thank you for your answer. So in short, i still have to do the recognition through the portal right ?

As i read through the file in this link (https://www.uni-hamburg.de/campuscenter ... ng-uhh.pdf") , the last page said that: "If you have an endorsement of recognition from a grade recognition office of the federal German states, from another German state university, preliminary documentation or an evaluation report from uni-assist e. V., or an APS certificate or 211 confirmation, you may apply directly to Universität Hamburg."

I'm from Vietnam anw, and I just get my bachelor degree. So can you specify which document i need to prepare for the submittion through the portal, as the description is still quite confused.
"Your bachelor’s degree diploma, the list of subjects and grades for all semesters of study, and your upper middle school degree certificate". Do those documents are the same for students from Vietnam? and what is upper middle school? Does that mean highschool? Many thanks

Dear mao296123,

I am in the middle of clarifying an issue with a colleague and will write to you as soon as I have the relevant information.

Best wishes,
Thomas

Dear mao296123,

If you want to apply for recognition of your bachelor's degree from Vietnam for a later application for M.A. International Business and Sustainability, you need to submit your bachelor's degree and the corresponding APS certificate.
If you do not have your degree certificate yet, you can also apply for preliminary recognition with a Transcript of Records or an official grade summary including grade point average with the corresponding APS certificate.

Please also note that if you do not have a German or English version of your documents, we will require a certified translation in addition to the original document.

Best wishes,
Thomas
Antworten