Required languages for applying // M.A. Art History

Antworten
TemurK

Bearbeitet Required languages for applying // M.A. Art History

Beitrag von TemurK »

Dear Madam or Sir,

My name is Temur. I intend to apply to the master's program in Art History in 2023.

I am writing to you to inquire about required foreign languages. Could you answer me a couple of questions below?

1) I studied English at school for 7 years and at University for 3 years (with excellent grades). Is this enough to confirm my knowledge of English?

2) Is Russian acceptable as a second foreign language? In my research, I often refer to the Russian-language philosophical literature.

3) I studied Latin at the University for a whole academic year and received an Excellent grade for the exam. Is it enough to confirm my knowledge of Latin?

4) So, is it possible to provide the following set of languages for admission: German (for example, TestDaF), English, Russian and Latin?

I would appreciate your reply at your leisure.
Thanks for your attention and your valuable time.

Yours faithfully
Campus-Center - BK

Re: Required languages for applying // M.A. Art History

Beitrag von Campus-Center - BK »

Dear TemurK,

Please contact the academic office of the master's program asking which kind of your foreign certificates correspond to the reference level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and will be accepted. https://www.uni-hamburg.de/onTEAM/studi ... hichte.pdf
  • The German language certificate (TestDaF) has to be submitted at time of enrollment.
  • The English and the Russian certificate have to be submitted by the end of the first year of study at the latest.
  • The proof of Latin proficiency must be provided at the latest when registering for the Master's thesis.
Best regards,
BK
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
TemurK

Re: Required languages for applying // M.A. Art History

Beitrag von TemurK »

Thank you so much for your answer. I am very grateful to you for it.
Antworten