Enroling in a PhD program

Antworten
ErikStuchly

Bearbeitet Enroling in a PhD program

Beitrag von ErikStuchly »

Good evening,

I have started my work as a PhD student/scientific assistant in the Faculty of Psychology and Movement Sciences on the 1st of November. However, today when I asked the faculty why I still haven't received an invoice for the Semester fee, I was told that I am not showing up as 'enrolled' in STiNE. That confused me, because I assumed that submitting the STiNE application (along with the confirmation of supervision, previous university certificate and proof of health insurance) is the only pre-requisite for enrolment. I logged in to STiNE just now and there seemed to be no relevant messages in my inbox, and my application still shows as 'Received'. So I was wondering whether it's just a simple matter of application processing time being quite high, or whether there are any other steps I missed that need to be completed before I can enroll as a PhD student?
edit: I have done some more searching, and under the 'Documents' tab on Stine, I did find an invoice from the 9th of November. My apologies about the confusion - with this being the case, am I correct in assuming that I will show up as 'enrolled' after I've paid the semester fee, or are there any other steps I should take?

Thank you very much in advance!
Erik (Matriculation no. 7571538)
Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann

Re: Enroling in a PhD program

Beitrag von Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann »

Dear Erik Stuchly,

correct. You are currently only provisionally enrolled, but will be definitively enrolled after you have paid the semester contribution for the winter semester 2021/22. After we have received and booked your transfer, we will send you your semester documents by mail and provide you with your semester certificate in STiNE under "Documents".

Kind regards
Sandra Hoffmann
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
ErikStuchly

Re: Enroling in a PhD program

Beitrag von ErikStuchly »

Amazing, I will get right on it then. Thank you for the quick response, I really appreciate it!
Antworten