Doctoral candidate enrollment and Semester Ticket during COVID-19 Outbreak

Antworten
daniel.burt

Bearbeitet Doctoral candidate enrollment and Semester Ticket during COVID-19 Outbreak

Beitrag von daniel.burt »

I received my confirmation of registration as a doctoral candidate with the IMPRS-ESM shortly before the closures due to covid-19 and therefore have not been able to enroll at the Campus Centre.

Additionally, as I did my MSc with UHH, I still have a matriculation number and know that I need to pay the fee for the semester ticket but as I am not currently enrolled I am uncertain if I should proceed with this payment or wait until I can enroll.

How should registered doctoral candidates enroll while the campus centre is closed?

Should I pay the semester fee or wait until the pandemic is over?

Thank you in advance for any advice/ assistance given.
Campus-Center - Thomas Walter

Re: Doctoral candidate enrollment and Semester Ticket during COVID-19 Outbreak

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Thomas Walter »

Dear Mr. Burt,

Please send us the documents for enrollment by using our Campus-Center Contact Form.

Detailed information about the enrollment process for doctoral studies can be found on our website: www.uni-hamburg.de/phd#2907521.

I assume that you were/are enrolled in the master's program you mentioned in the winter semester 2019/20. Therefore, you do not need to register via the online portal, as we already have all the necessary information.

We need the letter of admission as a PhD student. I assume that is the "confirmation of registration as a doctoral candidate" in your case. The second document we need is the proof of health insurance.

The last step to complete the enrollment process would be to pay the semester contribution for the summer semester 2020. Please do not forget to include your student ID number ("matriculation number") in the "Purpose" field of the bank transfer so that we can assign the payment to your student account. Your student ID number is the same that you had as a student of the master's program.

The decision whether to enroll now or later is up to you. It is difficult to give advice on this in the current situation, but please note that your admission to doctoral studies may include an enrollment deadline. If this is the case, you must of course meet this deadline.

Best wishes,
Thomas Walter
Antworten