Query for visa application?

Antworten
Huazhang_Zhu

Bearbeitet Query for visa application?

Beitrag von Huazhang_Zhu »

I am a citizen of a non EU country with an offer for a PhD position in a research training group in the University Hospital with a scholarship for 3 years. I was told getting a student visa/work visa would be problematic, and the general consulate suggested to apply for research visa.
So I want to know if it is OK to register as PhD student in UHH with a research visa? Do you have some specific requirements for my supervisor and do I need to pay extra taxes? Looking forward and thanks.
Zentrale Studienberatung - Antje Schulzki

Re: Query for visa application?

Beitrag von Zentrale Studienberatung - Antje Schulzki »

Dear Huazhang_Zhu,

the kind of visa depends on what you're going to do at the UKE. For example: If you apply for a student's visa you're possibility to work will be restricted. Therefore, please contact your supervisor who offered you the place in the reach group and ask about your status - will you be a PhD student who get's a degree afterwards or a co-worker /a researcher who earns money.
The supervisor should tell you the correct visa as well or you contact the German embassy in your country and ask which will be the right one.

Kind regards
Antje Schulzki
Zentrale Studienberatung und Psychologische Beratung
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
Zentrale Studienberatung - Antje Schulzki

Re: Query for visa application?

Beitrag von Zentrale Studienberatung - Antje Schulzki »

Dear Huazhang_Zhu,

one additional note: Universität Hamburg does not check your visa for enrollment. It would be okay to enroll with a research visa.

Kind regards
Antje Schulzki
Zentrale Studienberatung und Psychologische Beratung
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
Antworten