DOSV

Antworten
chewyuqi

Bearbeitet DOSV

Beitrag von chewyuqi »

Dear Campus-Center,

My application BW-1635234 still has the status "admission offer not currently possible". The available places for non-EU applicants is 15, my rank is 42 and eliminated applications is 15. Since the coordination phase ends on 24 August, I am quite sure that I have no chance of being admitted to Hamburg University. However, I have an admission offer for my priority 2 university.

1. After 24 August, I will be automatically admitted to my priority 2 university. Does that mean I will be excluded from the ranking list and receive a rejection notice from Hamburg University? Or does my ranking still remain in case any places are free?

2. If I decline the admission offer for my priority 2 university before 24 August, what will happen after the coordination phase? Will my ranking still remain on Hamburg University's list? Or will I receive a rejection notice?

3. Does Hamburg University participate in the clearing procedure after 24 August? If yes, do I still have any chance of receiving an admission offer from Hamburg University, if I am admitted to my priority 2 university, or if I am not admitted to any university?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Kind regards,
Yuqi Chew
Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann

Re: DOSV

Beitrag von Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann »

Dear Yuqi Chew,

August 24 is the last day you could still get an admission offer from us. If this does not happen, the offer of admission from the second priority university will automatically be converted into an admission. You will receive an admission letter from the other university and a rejection letter from us, just as you wrote.

See point 5 end of coordination phase: https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/campuscen ... phase.html

You will not participate in the Coordinated succession procedure because you have received a place at another university. This does not change if you reject the offer from the other university - you have already been offered a place. This approach would therefore not be advisable, because you would then end up without a study place at all. You can only be offered a place at our university if there are still places available after the Coordinated succession procedure: https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/campuscen ... rgabe.html

Kind regards
Sandra Hoffmann
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
chewyuqi

Beitrag von chewyuqi »

Dear Sandra Hoffmann,

I have received a notification of rejection for my application from Hochschulstart. I am automatically admitted to my second priority university, but I have declined the offer because it is conditional and I cannot fulfill it.

I know that my second priority counted as an admission, but is there still any possibility for me to participate in the coordinated succession procedure? My rank is 42 and the cut off rank is 39, so I think my chance is quite high. The rejection letter writes: "We have included your name on the following selection lists (page 1) for your desired degree program." It did not state that I am excluded from the coordinated succession procedure, and from what I understand, my rank still remains on the list. However, I read on your website that I need a link from Hochschulstart to declare participation, but I didn't receive any. Are there other ways to join the procedure or can I simply reapply for the degree program again and take part in a new ranking list, or the lottery? Or can Hamburg University directly offer me an admission if my rank is enough to be admitted?

If I cannot participate in the coordinated succession procedure, I believe that it is highly unlikely that there will still be places available after the procedure which I can be offered. It is not possible for me to enroll at other universities anymore, so I really hope that I can be admitted to Hamburg University. If I cannot be admitted this year, I will have to wait a year and apply for Hamburg University again, because it is my first choice after all. Please help me, I really wish to study at Hamburg University this semester.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Kind regards,
Yuqi Chew
Dateianhänge
send1.jpg
send1.jpg (191.3 KiB) 354 mal betrachtet
chewyuqi

Beitrag von chewyuqi »

Dear Campus-Center,

I have contacted Hochschulstart and it turns out that if I had withdrawn the application for my second priority university before the Hochschulstart website closure from 22 to 24 August, I would have been able to participate in the coordinated succession procedure. I planned to withdraw the application on 22 August, but I was unaware of the closure.

Also I was told:
Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann hat geschrieben: Mo 22. Aug 2022, 08:26 You will not participate in the Coordinated succession procedure because you have received a place at another university. This does not change if you reject the offer from the other university - you have already been offered a place.
But that is apparently not true. Therefore, it is overall an unfortunate situation.

I am in the non-EU category but my grade is 1.2 and my TestDaF results are 3-4-5-5. I was very close to be getting an extra 15 points for good german, but unfortunately I was one mark short. With my good academic grades, I hope that I can be considered for admission. I have proof that I already declined the offer from my second priority, there is no admission. That is why I really hope that I can be admitted to Hamburg University. Is there a way to still join the coordinated succession procedure, or can Hamburg University directly offer me an admission, if I am eligible?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,
Yuqi Chew
Dateianhänge
Screenshot_20220831_174308.jpg
Screenshot_20220831_174308.jpg (145.9 KiB) 320 mal betrachtet
chewyuqi

Beitrag von chewyuqi »

Dear Campus-Center,

It has been a week since I posted my question. :cry: Could you please give me a reply as soon as possible?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Yuqi Chew
Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann

Beitrag von Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann »

Dear Yuqi Chew,

you must have misunderstood something. It is, as I wrote to you, and as you can also read here again https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/campuscen ... ecken.html, in the coordinated sucession procedure only those can participate who have not received an offer of admission in the coordination phase (neither from us nor from another university). The fact that you did not accept the offer from the other university does not change this. The process you describe, which should have taken place in the coordination closure, does not exist. If you receive an offer of admission from another university, you can no longer withdraw your application for it.

You are welcome to check from the end of September, if there are remaining places available for Informatik and apply for one of these places: https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/campuscen ... rgabe.html - please also keep an eye of the website in German language.

Kind regards
Sandra Hoffmann
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
Antworten