My PhD oral defense will be on October 7th, Can I pay the registration fee without the HVV ticket ?

Antworten
BAW9245

Bearbeitet My PhD oral defense will be on October 7th, Can I pay the registration fee without the HVV ticket ?

Beitrag von BAW9245 »

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you sincerely for your precious time.

I have already received the official confirmation of my admission to oral defense, and my Oral defense will be on October 7th 2022. There is no other affair before my defense. So I can not see why it is necessary for me to register for the whole winter semester. Could you please explain it to me? Besides, I do not need the HVV ticket either. So according to my understanding, I can not understand the necessity to register for the whole winter semester for my case.
It would be sincerely appreciated if you can do me a favor and help me consult the responsible person.

Just now week ago, your colleague suggested that I can pay the whole semester registration fee and then go to HVV desk to refund my money back, but I think it is really a labor and time waste to go to HVV desk and also prepare the documents for the money refunding. I can not see any meaningful reason for the registration fee. Eventhough I need to pay the registration fee, why can not I just pay the total amount minus the HVV ticket? All my procedures have been completed and I have already got the official admission to oral defense, and this is my case.

Waiting for your response and thank you sincerely for all your warm help.
Best
Yalan
Campus-Center - BK

Re: My PhD oral defense will be on October 7th, Can I pay the registration fee without the HVV ticket ?

Beitrag von Campus-Center - BK »

Dear Yalan,

The HVV ticket for students is discounted according to a principle of solidarity, i.e. all students have to buy it so that it can be offered to all students at such a low price. There are exceptions - but these only affect students with disabilities who, due to their disability, are free of charge anyway are allowed to use the HVV or students who cannot use the ticket due to study-related absence.

In order to re-register for winter semester, you must first transfer the entire semester contribution. You then have the option of having the remaining part of the semester ticket reimbursed by the Fahrgestelle S-Bahn Hamburg, or, if one of the reasons applies, to have the costs for the entire semester ticket reimbursed by the Studierendenwerk Hamburg. The application for reimbursement must be received there on September 30 at the latest.

Fahrgeldstelle S-Bahn Hamburg: https://www.s-bahn-hamburg.de/fahrplan/ ... nkontrolle
Studierendenwerk Hamburg: https://www.stwhh.de/en/study-financing ... d93fb43ca3

Best regards,
BK
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
Antworten