Requesting an advice_Attending Orientation and First Lectures Online

Antworten
ltheekshani@yahoo.com

Bearbeitet Requesting an advice_Attending Orientation and First Lectures Online

Beitrag von ltheekshani@yahoo.com »

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Welcome week for my degree program (MSc Wood Science) starts on 4th of October and by the looks of the University Website, orientation program will start from 10th October and will run for a week.

I have applied for my visa several weeks ago and still I am waiting for the decision of my visa.

Therefore, I don't think that I will be able to attend to the Welcome week in person and I will book all the Welcome week programs for the online option.

Can I please get your advice whether I could attend the orientation program and/or first few weeks of studies online until I arrive at Hamburg, in case if there is any delay in the visa process?

Could you please advice me whether I should contact the Department of Wood Science to request for any approval?

Awaiting for your advice.

Thanks & regards,
Theekshani Liyanage
Campus-Center - BK

Re: Requesting an advice_Attending Orientation and First Lectures Online

Beitrag von Campus-Center - BK »

Dear Theekshani Liyanage,

Please contact directly the academic office of your program.
https://www.biologie.uni-hamburg.de/en/ ... buero.html

Best regards,
BK
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
ltheekshani@yahoo.com

Beitrag von ltheekshani@yahoo.com »

Hi BK,

Thank you for your email.

I sent a request through the online "Contact Form for Students'' and I thought to send a request through the forum as I didn't receive a reply.

My visa was granted recently and based on the available flights, it'll be 13th of October when I come to Hamburg.

I have booked for the online sessions for the Welcome Week from 4th -7th October.

However, I couldn't see whether online session are available for the orientation week starting from 10th October. Can I please know whether I could attend the orientation session online from 10th -12th October? I will attend the sessions on 14th in person, but unfortunately, I'll have to skip the session on 13th Oct as I'll be flying from Sri Lanka on 13th.

I don't have to skip any studies (lectures starting from 17th Oct) as I'll be available in Hamburg from 14th Oct.

Therefore, could you please advice me whether it is possible to attend the orientation week online for 3 days and whether it is ok to skip one day in the orientation week?

Your earliest reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you.

Best regards,
Theekshani Liyanage
Campus-Center - Birte Schelling

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Birte Schelling »

Dear Theekshani Liyanage,

Please contact the academic office for this as well - they hold the orientation week.

Best regards,
Birte Schelling
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
Antworten