Enrollment for doctoral studies in Chemistry

Antworten
Sekkalm

Bearbeitet Enrollment for doctoral studies in Chemistry

Beitrag von Sekkalm »

Hello,

I have been admitted to doctoral studies (Chemistry) at UHH and I am yet to enroll in this program as my enrollment deadline is due on/before 09/30/2023. Also, the admission letter suggested that I enroll via Campus Center.
I have started my application in Stine, but I have some doubts:

for the section '' search criteria## what degree type should I tick: Doctorate-Graduate school or PhD doctoral degree?
Admission restricted or unrestricted?
Subject semesters : I did not understand what to input her

and also, since I just got admitted in February and the winter semester is almost over, should I enroll in summer semester 2023 or the winter semester 20/23

For the section where we upload document, the document proof that you have passed final exams : what should I upload masters degree certificate or all my diplomas, certificates, and transcripts of records?

Could you kindly help me with this matter?
Please note that I have attached my admission letter to doctoral procedures in the subject of Chemistry.

Best regards,
Campus-Center - Thomas Walter

Re: Enrollment for doctoral studies in Chemistry

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Thomas Walter »

Dear Sekkalm,

1) According to the text in your letter of admission, you have been admitted for ‚Chemie - Grad. School‘. Therefore, "Doctorate-Graduate school" is the correct option.

2) You do not need to enter all possible filter criteria in this menu to find the correct application form. This filter function is only there to limit the number of application forms that will be displayed, so applicants do not need to go through a long list of application forms to find the correct one.

3) If you just enter the subject "Chemistry", only few application forms will be displayed, and you can easily choose the right one as shown in my screenshot below.

4) "should I enroll in summer semester 2023 or the winter semester 20/22"

I would advise you to enroll for the summer semester 2023, because otherwise you would have to pay the semester contribution for the entire winter semester 2022/23 that is already almost over. Such an enrollment in the last weeks of a semester is only necessary if the deadline in the admission letter set by the responsible faculty requires that you enroll for a specific semester or by a specific date.

Since your enrollment deadline is "no later than Sept. 30, 2023" according to the admission letter, the summer semester of 2023, which begins April 1, 2023, is the better option.

5) "For the section where we upload document, the document proof that you have passed final exams : what should I upload masters degree certificate or all my diplomas, certificates, and transcripts of records?"

Please upload your master's degree certificate only.

6) "Please note that I have attached my admission letter to doctoral procedures in the subject of Chemistry."

Since I assume that your questions are answered and because it is better not to post documents with personal data in this public forum, I have removed the document from your post.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best wishes,
Thomas Walter
Dateianhänge
Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 13-48-28 Universität Hamburg.png
Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 13-48-28 Universität Hamburg.png (178.64 KiB) 300 mal betrachtet
Sekkalm

Beitrag von Sekkalm »

Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much for your answers, my doubts are clear expect for one:
I forgot to mention that I am admitted in PIER Helmholtz Graduate school, does it make a difference for point 1)? because one fellow PhD student at XFEL had the same profile like me (PhD in chemistry from UHH and member at PIER Graduate school , same thing for the docata-min admission letter) told yesterday that she did not enroll with "Doctorate-Graduate school" but with the other option, so i got confused, what is the difference between these two options?

Best regards,
Mohammed Sekkal
Campus-Center - Thomas Walter

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Thomas Walter »

Dear Sekkalm,

We enroll students for the form of doctoral studies for which they have been admitted by one of the faculties of the Universität Hamburg. The decision as to which form of doctoral studies you are enrolled for is therefore made by the relevant faculty or department.

In your admission letter, the form of the doctoral studies is specified ("In a next step, you have to enroll for the degree program ‘Chemie - Grad. School’ ..."), and I showed you which one is the corresponding online form in STiNE.

If you suspect that your faculty has made a mistake, and you are admitted for a different form of doctoral studies than the one specified in your admission letter, please contact the person responsible for doctoral studies at your department to clarify this issue: https://www.chemie.uni-hamburg.de/en/st ... otion.html.

Best wishes
Thomas Walter
Antworten