Application with Diploma Supplement

Antworten
Seyma

Bearbeitet Application with Diploma Supplement

Beitrag von Seyma »

Hello,

I submitted my application for the PEP programme in complete. However, I have a question regarding transcripts. For the "transcripts" section, I have been using my diploma supplement for the every programme I've applied for as it has a section that covers every course I took and my scores too. I did not experience any problems with it so far. For my application for the PEP programme, I uploaded my diploma supplement for the "transcripts" section. However, one of my friends told me that my diploma supplement was not enough and I should have uploaded an official transcript too. Now, I am very concerned about my application as I already submitted it and the application deadline is passed. Can you inform me regarding this issue? Is my diploma supplement sufficient for my application? If not, what should I do? Can this issue lead to direct rejection?
Campus-Center - Thomas Walter

Re: Application with Diploma Supplement

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Thomas Walter »

Dear Seyma,

1) It is important to understand that it is not possible to change an application after the application deadline. Thus, regardless of what specific documents you have submitted by March 31, 2023, these are the documents on which the selection committee will base its decision.

2) In the application information for the Master's program "Politics, Economics, Philosophy M.Sc." the documents that had to be submitted are specified on page 2 and 3:
Degree certificate or provisional Transcript of Records:

Please highlight the courses, which are mandatory for admission (see Admission requirements).

If you are still studying when you apply and cannot yet provide a final certificate containing your grades, please submit your current Transcript of Records confirming your provisional grade point average (GPA). You will then need to submit your degree certificate by the end of the first semester of your master’s program.

Please make sure, that the grading scale of your first degree is available on your degree certificate or the current transcript of records. If the grading scale is not clear on these documents, please submit another proof of the grading scale of your first degree.
(https://www.uni-hamburg.de/onTEAM/studiengaenge/pep.pdf)
3) In addition, depending on your particular degree program, you may need to provide proof of the following admission requirements with the documents you submit with your application.
Applicants must have completed a first university degree (e.g., Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of at least 180 ECTS) in one of the following fields of study:
• Political Science
• Economics
• Philosophy

Applicants must demonstrate that at least 60% or its ECTS equivalent (108 ECTS out of 180 ECTS)
of their first university degree is in one of the above named fields of study.

Applicants with a first university degree in Economics must provide evidence of the successful
completion of the following courses:
• mathematics, statistics and econometrics with an equivalent of at least 15 ECTS
• advanced courses in economics with an equivalent of at least 24 ECTS.

Applicants with a first university degree in Political Science must demonstrate the successful
completion of at least 12 ECTS in courses pertaining to the methods of empirical research in social
science/political science.

Applicants with a first university degree in Philosophy must demonstrate the successful
completion of at least 8 ECTS in formal methods (e.g., logic and argumentation theory, decision
theory, mathematics).
(https://www.uni-hamburg.de/onTEAM/studiengaenge/pep.pdf)
Best wishes,
Thomas Walter
Antworten