Health Insurance – MIBAS

Antworten
markleshnina

Bearbeitet Health Insurance – MIBAS

Beitrag von markleshnina »

Good afternoon!

My name is Mariia Kleshina and I was recently accepted to the Master programme MIBAS as an international student.

Could you please help me with a question I have?

To be enrolled I need to provide proof of health insurance. However, as I am an international student, I am not currently in the EU or Germany. Therefore the only options for me are to either ask the University to let me provide health insurance proof in October when I arrive in Germany and when I am able to receive such a service (not now or during the summer) or use a platform like "Die Techniker" that offers a document saying they will provide me with health insurance by the time I arrive (I am not sure how it is correctly called, perhaps "provisional policy"). I will also need it for my VISA. I would like to know what would be the right thing to do in this case.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Mariia Kleshnina
Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann

Re: Health Insurance – MIBAS

Beitrag von Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann »

Dear Mariia Kleshnina,

a document that you will be insured from October 1, unfortunately, does not serve the purpose. What we need from you is an electronic notification from a statutory health insurance company confirming your insurance status. See: https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/campuscen ... erung.html

You are welcome to take care of this once you are in Germany. We do not need to receive the electronic notification within the enrollment deadline of May 25.

Kind regards
Sandra Hoffmann
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
markleshnina

Dear Sandra Hoffmann,

I appreciate the answer.

Am I right to presume I can do everything that concerns health insurance once I arrive in Hamburg in October?
Just to be clear, I don't have to do anything from abroad or warn the University beforehand?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Mariia Kleshnina
Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann

Beitrag von Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann »

Dear Mariia Kleshnina,

you can take out health insurance from abroad, but you can also take care of it once you are in Germany. You just have to know that your enrollment can only be completed once we have received the electronic notification from a health insurance company (and once you have paid the semester contribution).

You will only then receive a semester certificate and semester documents - you will not need these until you are in Germany.

Kind regards
Sandra Hoffmann
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
markleshnina

Dear Sandra Hoffmann,

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Mariia Kleshnina