Enrolment for doctoral studies after completing master's studies at UHH

Antworten
vidmit

Bearbeitet Enrolment for doctoral studies after completing master's studies at UHH

Beitrag von vidmit »

I am currently enrolled as a master's student at Uni Hamburg, and I submitted my master's thesis earlier this month. From March, I begin a PhD at the IMPRS at Uni Hamburg and MPI-Meteorology. I have a few questions regarding my transition from a master's student to a doctoral student at the university:
  • I have not yet presented or received a grade for my master's thesis, but I have a certificate from the Studienbüro confirming that I have passed the thesis component and complete all other requirements of my degree. Can I use this certificate to apply for a confirmation letter (Zulassungbescheid) from the Studienbüro, or do I need to wait for my final MSc certificate to do so?
  • In case I am not able to obtain the confirmation letter in time to enrol at the beginning of the summer semester, can I continue to be enrolled as a master's student by paying the semester contribution? Or will I automatically be ex-matriculated at the end of this semester? How can I ensure a 'smooth' transition whereby there is no gap in my enrolment status at the university?
Thank you.

Best regards,
Vidur Mithal
Campus-Center - BK

Re: Enrolment for doctoral studies after completing master's studies at UHH

Beitrag von Campus-Center - BK »

Dear Vidur Mithal,

Your enrollment in the doctoral program is independent of the receipt of the master's degree certificate. However, the enrollment can only take place with the admission letter from the faculty. If you do not receive admission the next weeks, you can simply re-enroll for summer semester 24 by transferring the semester contribution and remain beeing enrolled in your master's degree program. Unless the completed degree is reported to us before April 1.

It is best to contact the academic office again and/ or inquire about the date when the examination board will decide on your application for a doctorate.

Best regards,
BK
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
Antworten