Documentation of a change of funding organization during PhD

Antworten
aritra

Bearbeitet Documentation of a change of funding organization during PhD

Beitrag von aritra »

Hello,

I started my Phd at the University of Hamburg back in September 2014 with a 'Wissenschafter Mitarbeiter' contract with the university. However from October 2015, I started receiving a DAAD PhD scholarship and so terminated my contract with the university. But I hadn't submitted any document to the university informing them about the receipt of the DAAD scholarship.

I had faced some disadvantages due to this like for e.g. my STiNE account and my university webmail account, which are linked to my old university contract, were terminated once the contract had ended, although I am still a PhD student. So I had to temporarily renew these accounts for another year by contacting the RRZ. But it would expire again this December and I would have to renew it again. This is quite problematic because the STiNE account is important for information regarding semester fee etc and so is university webmail for using VPN and eduroam network.

I would like to know what is the formal procedure for informing the university that I am still a PhD student of the university and it is only the funding source which has changed from University of Hamburg to DAAD so that I don't face such problems?

Thanking you for your help in advance!

Best regards,
Aritra K. Mukhopadhyay.
Campus-Center - Birte Schelling

Re: Documentation of a change of funding organization during

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Birte Schelling »

Dear Aritra,

If you are enrolled as a doctoral student, it should be possible to transfer your STiNE account and your Mail account from a staff account to a student account permanently, so you don't have to renew it as long as you are enrolled. For that, you should contact the RRZ again and explain your situation. They might want to see proof of enrollment - you can find proof of enrollment in your STiNE acount in the section "Dokumente".

If you are not enrolled as a doctoral student, you will have to enroll first, which you probably should do anyways since according to most doctoral degree regulations at Universität Hamburg doctoral students are required to enroll. Information on how to enroll as a doctoral student ist provieded here: https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/campuscen ... otion.html

Best regards,
Birte Schelling
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
aritra

Re: Documentation of a change of funding organization during

Beitrag von aritra »

Dear Birte,

Thank you so much for your reply. I had contacted the RRZ with the proof of enrollment and they have given me a permanent student UHH identifier linked to my STiNE account.

Best regards,
Aritra Mukhopadhyay.
Antworten