Health care insurance

Antworten
fabricioniebles

Bearbeitet Health care insurance

Beitrag von fabricioniebles »

Good afternoon. I just came to Hamburg from Colombia one week ago and I am in the process to enroll as Doctoral Student. Yesterday I went to the campus center for delivering my documents but, they told me that I need a public health insurance policy because I presented to them a private one (Actually, it was my health insurance travel policy which as you know is not exactly a medical insurance policy). Asking in the advice students service office, for getting a public insurance they told me that I am not able to get a public health insurance policy because I don't fit with the requirements due to is the first time that I'm going to live in Germany for a long time (4 years approximately). So, I can get only a private one. In this sense, I was checking in the internet for different health insurance companies (privates) but I don't know which is the most suitable for me in terms of the accomplishment of all requirements for the University. I checked already AOK, Mawista Hanse Merkur and Union, but I don't know if these are approved for the University. Please, can you help me?

Thanks in advance for your attention and quick response.

I look forward to hear from you

Best regards,
Campus-Center - BK

Re: Health care insurance

Beitrag von Campus-Center - BK »

Dear fabricioniebles,

please contact Studierendenwerk Hamburg. The Counselling Centre for Social and Internatioal Affairs (BeSI) will advise you on this question.
http://www.studierendenwerk-hamburg.de/ ... _finanzen/

Best regards,
BK
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
fabricioniebles

Beitrag von fabricioniebles »

I have already consulted to them and they told me that I should ask to the campus center. So, :roll: :?:
Campus-Center - BK

Beitrag von Campus-Center - BK »

Dear fabricioniebles,

It is not important for Universität Hamburg if you are insured by a state or a private health insurance agency. If you have or want to choose a private insurance you have to apply for an exemption from state insurance coverage. All state agencies may issue proof thereof, which you must submit with the proof of private health insurance.

Regarding the question of finding a suitable health care insurance, the Advice Centre BeSI (Studierendenwerk) is the right contact point.

Further information about health care insurance can be found here:
https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/campuscen ... erung.html

Best regards,
BK
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
Antworten