Recognize certificates from the former minor for the major

Antworten
Firoj

Bearbeitet Recognize certificates from the former minor for the major

Beitrag von Firoj »

Good morning,

I'm a sociologist (2007) with a minor in psychology and education.
The university was the Free University of Berlin.

Now I would like to study psychology in Hamburg and hope to be able to credit some of my certificates from that time.

Especially in statistics - (back then the requirements for sociologists, psychologists; political scientists and business administrators were identical) - is that possible?

And can I also have individual certificates and exams from the minor subject psychology credited for the bachelor's degree in psychology?

And: if I am matriculated for the Bachelor's degree in Psychology, do I also need a suitable minor, as in the diploma degree?

Thank you kindly for the answers!

Sunny greetings, Firoj.
Campus-Center - Thomas Walter

Re: Recognize certificates from the former minor for the major

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Thomas Walter »

Dear Firoj,

1) Achievements from your previous studies can be credited to you for a degree program at Universität Hamburg, provided that they are equivalent to the ones required for your chosen course of study at Universität Hamburg. Whether this is the case, you can first assess for yourself by consulting the "Fachspezifischen Bestimmungen", where you can find a list of all modules that are required for the B.Sc. Psychologie: https://www.psy.uni-hamburg.de/studium/ ... ologie.pdf.

Subsequent questions regarding the crediting of specific achievements must be addressed directly to the departments offering the respective degree program, since crediting at Universität Hamburg is carried out by the departments themselves. Contact details for the responsible Institute of Psychology can be found here: https://www.psy.uni-hamburg.de/en/studi ... buero.html.

Please note, however, that at Universität Hamburg achievements are only recognized after enrollment. For some degree programs, you can receive a non-binding preliminary assessment regarding the recognizability before you apply, but in any case, binding recognition will only take place once you are enrolled. It would be good if you could include more detailed information about the credit points, such as a link to the study regulations according to which the credits were earned or a link to a module handbook.

2) Since the bachelor's program in Psychology at Universität Hamburg is a Bachelor of Science program, there is no minor subject in this program.

Best regards
Thomas Walter
Antworten