Enrollment as a medical-PhD student of UKE

Antworten
eyienx

Bearbeitet Enrollment as a medical-PhD student of UKE

Beitrag von eyienx »

Dear sir or madam,

Sorry to bother you, but I really got some trouble in enrolling to the Universität Hamburg and to the medical-PhD program at UKE.

Last month I have got the approval for my qualification from the KMK, and my supervisor have also submitted the publication lists as a proof for submitted first author paper. On 11.01.2021, we got the approvement from the PhD office of UKE to send the application form of PhD-Progamms für Medizin. Unfortunately, we just missed the deadline of submitting the materials for the latest commission meeting on 26.01.2021 (the application should be presented before 08.01.2021). Thus, we have to prepare the next commission meeting on 23.03.2021.

To make thins worse, I'm now preparing for the last chance to apply for the scholarship offered by China Scholarship Council (CSC). It requires that the applicant must be the officially registered student in the first year of PhD. Therefore, I need to submit the registration certificate from Universität Hamburg during the period of application (from 10.03.2021 to 31.03.2021).

My question is as below:
1) If I received my admission to doctoral studies on 23.03.2021, can I got the registration certificate within one week (before 31.03.2021)?
2) If not, can I submit the online application form in STiNE as well as the documents for enrollment (except the admission confirmation from the Faculty of Medicine) in advance? Once I received the doctoral admission, I will immediately resubmit it and pay for the semester contribution for winter semester 2020/21 (or summer semester 2021? Which one do you recommend?). I was wondering whether it can help me got the registration certificate sooner.

I know the issue may be very tough but I hope to get your understanding. The CSC funding is very important to a foreign student, and I really do not want to lost the chance for applying it.

Thank you very much in advance and I'm looking forward to your kind reply.

Yiran Xie
Campus-Center - BK

Re: Enrollment as a medical-PhD student of UKE

Beitrag von Campus-Center - BK »

Dear Yiran,

I am not assuming that you will be able to enroll at the University of Hamburg on time. First, ask the doctoral office when you can expect to be delivered the letter of admission. You may not receive the letter of admission on the same day.

If you have received the letter of admission and have uploaded and sent your documents in the STiNE applicant portal, further steps are required for enrollment, which usually take time depending on the general workload at that time. After enrolling, you will first receive your access data to your student account. You can only transfer the semester contribution once you have received your student number. As soon as this has been received on the account of the University of Hamburg, the final semester documents, including the certificate of enrollment, will be issued. You can see that the enrollment process will take some time. I am sorry.

Best regards,
BK
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
Antworten