Recognition of A Levels

Antworten
ellenharder

Bearbeitet Recognition of A Levels

Beitrag von ellenharder »

I would like to study economics at Hamburg starting this autumn. I have A Levels from an English school. I received 3 A*s and an A. I have tried to apply to have my results recognised using the online platform, however I found it really confusing and I worry I have filled out something wrong. One of my concerns is that the question seemed to be expecting a 'Gesamtnote' e.g. 3.4 or 2.1, but this is impossible with the English system, which is letter based! I also couldn't find any information for the UK for which documents to upload. I uploaded photocopies of my results certificates, is that enough?
I know I have left it quite late, but if something is wrong will there be enough time to fix it?
How can I find out the results of the online recognition? I think something is wrong with the website as it just shows a blank screen; you can't even start a new application.
Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann

Re: Recognition of A Levels

Beitrag von Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann »

Dear ellenharder,

all the information you need to submit an application for recognition to us online can be found here: https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/campuscen ... ldung.html

For you, uploading your school report should be sufficient. You will then need to indicate in the online application which grade is the highest and which is the lowest in the British school system.
Presumably A is the highest and F the lowest.

We look at your online application along with your documents and calculate your grade for the German school system. We base this on the recommendations from the Kultusministerkonferenzthat you can also find at anabin: https://anabin.kmk.org/anabin.html

Let's assume you submit your application for recognition today. A document is missing. Then you will receive a document from us in STiNE under "Documents" that shows you which document is missing for recognition. If no document is missing, you will also find the result of the recognition there. Please take this from the grade that you enter in the online application for your desired degree program. If you receive a place on the course, please submit the recognition document you received from us together with your British school report for enrollment.

Since you are contacting us in English, I would also like to point out that you need German language skills at the C1 level in order to take up a Bachelor's program at Universität Hamburg. See: https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/campuscen ... nisse.html We do not have an English-language Bachelor's program.

Kind regards
Sandra Hoffmann
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
ellenharder

Beitrag von ellenharder »

When I look under recognition of foreign qualifications on STINE, the status of my application is 'accepted', but I haven't received anything under 'Documents'. Does the recognition document just take a while to upload or does 'accepted' actually mean that my qualifications have been recognised?

Dear ellenharder,

"Accepted" means your application for recognition has been received and is now being processed by us. The processing time may take several weeks. As soon as we have finished processing, you will receive an e-mail and we will make the result of the recognition available to you as a document in STiNE.

Kind regards
Sandra Hoffmann
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
hiker

Beitrag von hiker »

Dear Ms. Hoffmann,

I can't find any information if the GCE is accepted or not.

Thanks

Claudius

Dear Claudius,

GCE is not a term I am familiar with. Please help and tell me what exactly you mean by that.

Kind regards
Sandra Hoffmann
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
Antworten