What degree programs are in English?

Antworten
Ray16

Bearbeitet What degree programs are in English?

Beitrag von Ray16 »

Hello, I wanted to inquire about the programs offered in English. I am from Kenya, currently living in Brazil and I want to apply for the Bachelors Degree in Computer Science. However, I have seen that one of the prerequisites while starting the application is to record a video of me, introducing myself in German, which I cant do because I haven't learnt the language.

Is there any other options I have or do I have to learn German first to apply?

And since I am not German or from one of the EU countries will I have other tuitions fees to pay besides the Semester fee?
Campus-Center - Thomas Walter

Re: What degree programs are in English?

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Thomas Walter »

Dear Ray16,

1) Universität Hamburg does not offer any bachelor's or state examination degree program that is taught exclusively in English (see https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/campuscen ... hluss=opt1)

This means that all undergraduate programs are German-language or bilingual (German/English) programs, for which our regular German language proficiency requirements apply (see www.uni-hamburg.de/german-language).

2) "... do I have to learn German first to apply?"

Yes-

You must be able to provide proof of German language proficiency when enrolling at Universität Hamburg (see www.uni-hamburg.de/german-language) before you can become a student.

It is therefore not possible to reach the required language level or to provide the required proof of language proficiency only after you have already enrolled at Universität Hamburg, as this necessary admission requirement must be proven prior to the beginning of your studies as part of the enrollment process.

3) "And since I am not German or from one of the EU countries will I have other tuitions fees to pay besides the Semester fee?"

No. You must pay the semester contribution as all students do, but there are no additional fees based on a student's nationality.

4) I would advise you to read the information for international prospective students on our website : https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/campuscen ... hluss.html.

On this website you will find the relevant information for an application for a bachelor's or state examination degree program at Universität Hamburg (recognition of foreign educational qualifications, German language skills, admission requirements, selection criteria, practical steps in the application process, deadlines, etc.).

Best wishes,
Thomas Walter
Antworten