Mathematics Bachelor Application

Antworten
BBC9304

Bearbeitet Mathematics Bachelor Application

Beitrag von BBC9304 »

Dear Campus center team,

I would like to apply for the next WiSe 24/25 for the Mathematics Bachelor. Currently, I am a master program student in the UHH informatics faculty. This means, I have already a bachelor degree in computer science which I obtained from a mexican higher-education institution listed in the Anabin database which the UHH faculty of informatics used for the german recognition of it.

1. Can I submit the bachelor application with my computer science bachelor or do I mandatorily need my high school diploma instead?

2. Currently, I am also studying German at the UHH Sprachzentrum and in SuSe 24 I will continue with C1.1. - Would the successful completion of the C1 level in the UHH Sprachzentrum be enough to demonstrate C1 proficiency for a bachelor application?

Best,

Manuel
Campus-Center - Thomas Walter

Re: Mathematics Bachelor Application

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Thomas Walter »

Dear Manuel,

1) "Can I submit the bachelor application with my computer science bachelor or do I mandatorily need my high school diploma instead?"

a) Please make sure you have read our website for prospective international students, as you will find the relevant information for an application (deadlines, admission requirements, selection criteria, proof of German, recognition of foreign degrees, practical steps in the application process, etc.) there: https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/campuscen ... hluss.html.

b) All applicants need a proof of a "higher education entrance eligibility" (in German: "Hochschulzugangsberechtigung") which has to be submitted in case of admission within the 7-day enrollment deadline.

I assume you do not have such a document which confirms the recognition of any educational qualification as "higher education entrance eligibility". If this assumption is correct, you can apply for recognition in our recognition procedures. The relevant information can be found on our website: www.uni-hamburg.de/assist.

c) It is important to understand that the information in anabin (https://anabin.kmk.org/no_cache/filter/ ... d_gewaehlt) are only the general regulation according to which a recognition procedure is conducted in Germany.

It is not possible to submit a foreign educational qualification (i.e. the foreign degree or a translation of the degree) as proof of a "higher education entrance eligibility" at the time of enrollment, but a document confirming the recognition of you specific educational qualifications is required.

d) Recognition of a "higher education entrance eligibility" can be based on various educational qualifications. Depending on the country, education system and specific educational qualification, the secondary school-leaving certificate, a higher education qualification (i.e. university degree) or a combination of both can be recognized as a higher education entrance qualification.

You can find out which educational qualifications may be recognized as "higher education entrance eligibility" at anabin (https://anabin.kmk.org/no_cache/filter/ ... d_gewaehlt). However, you must always apply for recognition and submit your actual certificates as part of a recognition procedure (see above). Please note that the application for recognition and the application for a degree program are two separate procedures.

2) "Currently, I am also studying German at the UHH Sprachzentrum and in SuSe 24 I will continue with C1.1. - Would the successful completion of the C1 level in the UHH Sprachzentrum be enough to demonstrate C1 proficiency for a bachelor application?"

Please take a look at our website regarding the proof of German language skills: www.uni-hamburg.de/german-language.

You can also find a list of accepted language certificates to prove sufficient German language skills here: https://www.uni-hamburg.de/en/campuscen ... ml#2907400. If your application is successful, and you are admitted, you must submit one of the language certificates explicitly mentioned in this list when you enrol.

Best wishes
Thomas Walter
BBC9304

Re: Mathematics Bachelor Application

Beitrag von BBC9304 »

Dear Thomas,

I followed your indications and the procedure here: http://www.uni-hamburg.de/assist to get a higher education entrance eligibility proof based on my Mexican Bachelor degree in informatics. I have received a notification letter through STINE stating the following: "mit den vorgelegten Dokumenten weisen Sie eine direkte Hochschulzugangsberechtigung an der Universität Hamburg nach." The letter is titled "Benachrichtigung über Ihre Hochschulzugangsberechtigung" and provides a Vorgangsnr.

Would this notification letter be enough for my application for the Mathematics bachelor or do I still something related to my high school diploma?

Another question. Right now I am signed up as an UHH student in the informatics area in a master program taught in English. However, I am taking some courses taught in German (not from the language center). Could the successful completion of these moudles in german count as proof of german language for the bachelor aplication or would I still need an official language certificate?
Antworten