International Applicant on STiNE - Manuscript Cultures Admission

Antworten
Miray Wassouf

Bearbeitet International Applicant on STiNE - Manuscript Cultures Admission

Beitrag von Miray Wassouf »

Dear Sir/Madame,

I am Miray Wassouf, from Syria. I'm currently in the process of applying for the Manuscript Cultures MA program at your prestigious university.
I am writing to ask about the STiNE application form. I hope you can guide me through it in specific sections which I am not familiar with or sure of.

As a foreign prospective student, what shall I fill the entries in the "Correspondence Address"? Is it my current address where I reside, or the international office address in Hamburg University? If so, would it be possible for you to kindly provide me with the information needed for the "Correspondence address" section.

Must I enter my current street and house number in my city and my own country?
Also, there are no zip codes in Syria. I am not sure how to fill that bit of information and would appreciate clear guidance on this.

In another section, the application asks about a vacation semester. My entry was "Zero", as I had no vacation semesters, only summer breaks. Should I count summer breaks as such?

Also, what is the a "Regular Term of Study"? Is it the total number of semesters I studied during my 4-year BA program which is 8? Or the number of years, which is 4?

Lastly, what is a "Waiting Period"? Is it the number of gap years between my graduation from university with a BA and the date of which I'm applying for a Master's degree? If not, I would really appreciate some help regarding that box to ensure that my online application on STiNE is correctly completed.

I look forward to receiving your response.
I greatly appreciate any help regarding my queries.
Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann

Re: International Applicant on STiNE - Manuscript Cultures Admission

Beitrag von Campus-Center-Sandra-Hoffmann »

Dear Miray Wassouf,

you have now sent us inquiries through so many channels. Please stop this and stay in a line of communication with me. Many requests only result in a delay in our response time.

I don't know which video you are referring to in your other query, but please include your own home address. If you don't have a zip code, leave the field blank if you can. If the field cannot be left blank, enter an x ​​or a zero.

It is completely correct that you stated 0 for vacation semesters. This refers to semesters in which you were enrolled at a university but were on leave, for example due to illness or a stay abroad. Semester holidays are not specified in this section.

Your question about the regular term of study will be answered in the application form. It says there:
"How many semesters in total constitute a regular term of study in your course program?"
Eight would therefore be the correct answer.

Waiting semesters are exactly what you describe. Semesters between your bachelor's degree and the possible start (October 1, 2024) of the master's degree you are applying for. Let’s assume you completed your studies on September 30, 2023. There are two semesters in between. The winter semester 2023/24 and the summer semester 2024.

In your other query you asked two more questions. Find my answers directly under the questions.

1) "Also, the subject of my previous BA is Fine Arts, and it is not enlisted in the list of subjects for previous degree.Or do I add the subject in the entry (degree program) in the next page?"

Complete the field as recommended in the application form.
If your previous degree program is not listed, please select "Degree program not available.
2) "My final grade in my country is a percentage. My grade is 84.80 . May I know how to calculate my final grade according to the German grading system?"

Enter a 9,9 as recommended in the application form.
If you have a foreign qualification, please enter 9.9—your final grade will need to be converted to the German grading system.
Kind regards
Sandra Hoffmann
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
Miray Wassouf

Re: International Applicant on STiNE - Manuscript Cultures Admission

Beitrag von Miray Wassouf »

Dear Madame,

Thank you for your guidance.
I apologize for any inconveniences caused by my persistence.
I have been calling the service telephone before but it was constantly busy, and I have been somewhat panicking because of the deadline.
I appreciate your help. Many thanks.
Antworten