I finished the master studies, should I pay semester fee?

Antworten
Phili

Bearbeitet I finished the master studies, should I pay semester fee?

Beitrag von Phili »

I just received a letter from Hamburg Uni student service that says that I am deregistered from Hamburg Uni and PEP programme (and, therefore, that my STiNE account will be blocked) because I didn't pay the semester fee for autumn/winter semester 2016/17.

The due for paying was 30.09.2016. and since I got the final grade for my master thesis on the 28.09.2016., I didn't pay the fee for autumn/winter semester 2016/17. because I have formally completed my studies at the Hamburg University and I was waiting for further instruction from student service regarding picking up my documents and my master diploma.

My question is, what should I do now, am I really deregistered from the Hamburg Uni? Should I pay for the autumn/winter semester fee and penalties for being late, although I have completely finished my studies before the beginning of semester? How can I resolve this messy situation?

thanx

all the best,

phili
Campus-Center - Birte Schelling

Re: I finished the master studies, should I pay semester fee

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Birte Schelling »

Dear Phili,

If you finished your studies completely, there is no need to worry. Not paying the semester contribution leads to being deregistered - that's why you got that letter. But if you finished your studies and are just waiting for your diploma to be issued, you do not need to be registered anymore. Your diploma will not be sent to you via your STiNE account. It will be sent to you by regular mail or you will be able to pick it up at your department when it is done. The best thing for you to do therefore is contact the coordination for the PEP program and ask them if there is anything you still need to do before your diploma can be issued and whether it will be sent to you or you will have to go somewhere to pick it up. Contact details are provided here: https://www.wiso.uni-hamburg.de/studien ... c-pep.html There is no need to pay the semester contribution and a late fee.

I deleted your other posts in several other threads, since these posts contained the same question. Please don't cross-post over different threads to get more attention - this is against the forum rules.

Best regards,
Birte Schelling
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
Phili

Re: I finished the master studies, should I pay semester fee

Beitrag von Phili »

Zentrale Studienberatung - Birte Schelling hat geschrieben:Dear Phili,

If you finished your studies completely, there is no need to worry. Not paying the semester contribution leads to being deregistered - that's why you got that letter. But if you finished your studies and are just waiting for your diploma to be issued, you do not need to be registered anymore. Your diploma will not be sent to you via your STiNE account. It will be sent to you by regular mail or you will be able to pick it up at your department when it is done. The best thing for you to do therefore is contact the coordination for the PEP program and ask them if there is anything you still need to do before your diploma can be issued and whether it will be sent to you or you will have to go somewhere to pick it up. Contact details are provided here: https://www.wiso.uni-hamburg.de/studien ... c-pep.html There is no need to pay the semester contribution and a late fee.

I deleted your other posts in several other threads, since these posts contained the same question. Please don't cross-post over different threads to get more attention - this is against the forum rules.

Best regards,
Birte Schelling

Dear Ms Schelling,

Thank you for your answer and please forgive me for re-posting: I dont use forum that often, I wasn't sure how it actually works.

Yes, I have completely finished my studies, I just wait for my diploma.

Best Regards,

P.
Antworten