Questions related to the online application for enrollment

Antworten
iulian.diculescu

Bearbeitet Questions related to the online application for enrollment

Beitrag von iulian.diculescu »

Dear team,

I am now completing the online application for enrollment, after being admitted by the Grad School to a PhD in Criminology.

I would have 5 short questions related to the process:

1. First, in the "Subject selection" I do not find anything closely related to the PhD in Criminology, where I was accepted. So, should I choose the general "PhD program for non-medical students"? As "social and cultural anthropology" or "socioeconomic" do not seem to correspond to a PhD program.

2. Second, related to what is called „higher education entrance eligibility”: I suppose it refers to my MASTER certificate, not to the Bachelor certificate, given that I apply as a PhD student?

3. Third, related to the proof of health insurance: a copy of my german insurance card (Gesundheitskarte) with the photo and the insurance number on it – is it OK?

4. Also, do I have to put in the dossier the original of the letter of admission of the Grad School? Or a copy?

5. Last, can I come to bring personally the documents to the Campus Center? From 9 am to 1 pm? Or should I observe the "Office hours with on-site advising" from Mon to Wed, 9–10 am?

Thank you very much for your help,
Iulian Diculescu
Campus-Center - Birte Schelling

Re: Questions related to the online application for enrollment

Beitrag von Campus-Center - Birte Schelling »

Dear Mr. Diculescu,

Please find the answers to your questions below:

iulian.diculescu hat geschrieben: Mo 29. Mai 2017, 12:55 1. First, in the "Subject selection" I do not find anything closely related to the PhD in Criminology, where I was accepted. So, should I choose the general "PhD program for non-medical students"? As "social and cultural anthropology" or "socioeconomic" do not seem to correspond to a PhD program.
Here you should choose "International criminology" in the beginning of your application. After that, just leave what the application portal chose for you.

iulian.diculescu hat geschrieben: Mo 29. Mai 2017, 12:55 2. Second, related to what is called „higher education entrance eligibility”: I suppose it refers to my MASTER certificate, not to the Bachelor certificate, given that I apply as a PhD student?
This section refers neither to your master nor your bachelor certificate but to your school leaving certificate. If you do not have a grade conforming to the German grading system for that, just put 9,9 in the corresponding field.

iulian.diculescu hat geschrieben: Mo 29. Mai 2017, 12:55 3. Third, related to the proof of health insurance: a copy of my german insurance card (Gesundheitskarte) with the photo and the insurance number on it – is it OK?
A copy of your german insurance card does not suffice as proof of health insurance. You need a separate proof of insurance issued by your insurance company.

iulian.diculescu hat geschrieben: Mo 29. Mai 2017, 12:55 4. Also, do I have to put in the dossier the original of the letter of admission of the Grad School? Or a copy?
A copy of the letter of admission suffices.

iulian.diculescu hat geschrieben: Mo 29. Mai 2017, 12:55 5. Last, can I come to bring personally the documents to the Campus Center? From 9 am to 1 pm? Or should I observe the "Office hours with on-site advising" from Mon to Wed, 9–10 am?
You can submit the documents personally at the Campus-Center during the office hours. If you want to have your documents checked for completeness you have to come during the office hours of the team for Student Affairs.

Best regards,
Birte Schelling
Beratung und Administration
Campus-Center
Universität Hamburg
iulian.diculescu

Re: Questions related to the online application for enrollment

Beitrag von iulian.diculescu »

Dear Birte Schelling,

Thank you very much for your answers. They are very helpful.

Iulian Diculescu
Antworten